RE: [pygame] Running Python 2.5 alongside 2.6

Doh! Guess I didn’t look past the big bold notice. I also had pygame 1.7 installed and hadn’t uninstalled it yet, & that could have been the problem. Anyway, I uninstalled 1.7, downloaded the Python 2.6 version, and I’m up and running.

Thanks for your help. I’m eager to try out the MIDI features!

From: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of claudio canepa
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:19 PM
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pygame] Running Python 2.5 alongside 2.6

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Julian Marchant <onpon4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The pygame download page's message that "python 2.5 is the best for Windows" probably made him think that Pygame was for Python 2.5.

That was a very old sugestion.

I run pygame with python 2.6, and a lot of people in the pyweek event, with diferent operating systems the same.

There are no problems.

In the download select the the file for your operating system marked with the py2.6

--

claudio