Re: [pygame] Running Python 2.5 alongside 2.6

Very recent discussion on the Python 2.5 vs 2.6 topic: http://www.mail-archive.com/pygame-users@xxxxxxxx/msg13877.html

If you want to run two Python versions, you can do so by managing some environment variables. Here's what I do in Cygwin:

PATH="append search path for Python executables and scripts"
PYTHON="directory where python or python.exe resides"
PYTHONPATH="search path for Python packages and modules"

Here is an example from my Cygwin environment, and it is easy to script the switch:

PATH=$PATH:/cygdrive/c/Python26:/cygdrive/c/Python26/Scripts
PYTHON=/cygdrive/c/python26
PYTHONPATH=/cygdrive/c/Python26/DLLs:/cygdrive/c/Python26/Lib:/cygdrive/c/Python26/Lib/site-packages:lib
export PATH PYTHON PYTHONPATH

Good luck in Winders. It's a bit cumbersome to manage a switch, but it can be done.

Gumm