Re: [pygame] Running Python 2.5 alongside 2.6

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:18:34PM -0300, claudio canepa wrote:
>    On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Julian Marchant <onpon4@xxxxxxxxx>
>    wrote:
>
>      The pygame download page's message that "python 2.5 is the best for
>      Windows" probably made him think that Pygame was for Python 2.5.
>
>    That was a very old sugestion.
>    I run pygame with python 2.6, and a lot of people in the pyweek event,
>    with diferent operating systems the same.
>    There are no problems.
>    In the download select the the file for your operating system marked with
>    the py2.6

Yeah, a lot of people have been confused by that. Can someone who has
access permissions to edit http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml please
remove it?

I suggest adding a link on that page like "How do I decide which python
version to use with pygame?" which could point to a wiki page which
could outline the pros and cons of each python version as it applies to
pygame.

... I just tried to create a wiki page for that purpose, but I can't
figure out how to create new pages, only edit existing ones :(

---
James Paige