Re: [pygame] pygame.image.save(...)

My first instinct is that the first several frames' data is sent to
your hard drive, where it's cached to be written, which fills up
faster than it's depleted since the file size per second is higher
than your disk can handle writing it.  I had this issue myself trying
to do something similar.  If this is the case, saving as a smaller
file size obviously helps, but could become a CPU issue, where I can
say that pygame.image.save appears to be asyncronous (maybe only on
some file types?)

If it's growing in time it takes to save each time though, instead of
just spiking up, I don't know.