[pygame] Making UPS smart with Pygame and Joystick input socket

Hello,

I would like to get some information whether it would be possible to use Pygame's Joystick package to process simple signal from UPS to trigger clean shutdown of the Linux machine.

I would like to use 2 buttons from Joystick interface to sense 3 states from UPS:
A) AC power OK
B) no AC power - using battery
C) battery low - shutdown now

The program should run as a demon and check every 10 second if the UPS entered B state. Then would monitor every second if UPS reached C state. At this moment daemon should copy files stored in RAMdisk onto HDD and request runging programs to close and finally invoke system shutdown.

This architecture would improve my Linux net_router/web_proxy/home_automation/etc. server with simple solution using existing gameport, 2 relays and some cabling, upgrading it to a "smart system".  :)

Is it difficult to create this piece of software ?

Kind Regards,

SlawKo

Najlepsze oferty na domy i mieszkania w Polsce!
Szutkaj tutaj >> http://linkint.pl/f2974