Re: [pygame] preview of new pygame website... HiFi part

Hi, René,

Thanks for the early peek.

At first I thought the page was way too busy, and horizontal scrolling would be tedious. Then I saw the category widgets and my worry went away, this is nice.

A choice between scripted sliding and a CPU-friendly presentation would be ideal, if that is workable. The scripted sliding is classy, but slower computers may struggle with it--esp. underpowered laptops with small screens, forced to use the scripted scrolling to see the right-side columns in the wider categories. Or perhaps a choice to use native scrollbars instead of scripted scrolling. You might ignore this feedback if no one reports poor performance.

The slightly larger thumbnails are very nice. So too are the journals of stuff, like commits and project comments. Others may like the social media feeds, but I block them and the large space is empty; I might be in the minority here.

It is a refreshing change to see all the stuff sprawled out like that, and not wonder if I'm missing some buried goodie like the old code repository (to which I could never find a link off the main page).

You've done a nice job in making it visually interesting.

Gumm