Re: [pygame] preview of new pygame website... HiFi part

Hi,

I did not read the other comments but here are some thoughts.
Great that Pygame is doing something! A new website will show that there is something going on.

I would expect something filled:

Also the line ends before the scoll bar... So I did not think there is more content on the right.

Why is it ending on the right but on the left it ends with the screen?

Be aware that Nobody may get it that you should navigate with the arrow keys. Mobile devices?

My second reaction was: too much information. I scroll down and get lost. Why do I need to see 100 projects?
If you can, reduce this to the size of a mobile phone, each column.
Suggestion: the areas/topics are great. For me to know, what I am interested in, I need ONE example of each topic to grasp what it is about. Then I will have decided whether I need the rest.
Reduce the content to make me understand more content: (or not hinder me)

1 most recent GAME?. klick on it and you see the list (maybe new page) (recent game because what are releases? releases of pygame? the non-game ratio should be so small that you can uses game here. here maths: if 99% understand "recent game" and 1% shown is not a game then 98% understand it. if 80% understand "release" right it is still not 98%.)
1 recent news
1 tweet
5 reddit questions (I will not read them, just scan what they look like and be happy that there is support if I need it)
1 video thumbnail, click and I see the list with this video

first paragraph of the about. If people are not interested in the rest they will not read it.
first paragraph of the tutorials .. same

=> record the clicks to get what is most important to people. which of these categories do they visit?
+ where can I give feedback on the page?

By reducing the content it is easier to navigate and to find what I am looking for. It is hard to reduce. But perfection is there if you can not remove anything anymore and not if you can not add anything.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. The side looks great. <positivefeedback>

I like that I see an example as soon as I am on the page.

I would like to see something like "This is what people say about pygame". </positivefeedback>

Try to find out why people use the pygame website. Optimize with use-cases.
download? Or just a one-click I download something and can create/modify my own pygame (pong). This should also be possible with portable python.

Hopefully this is not too much. I am really happy about your work on pygame!

Greetings,
Nicco