[pygame] Demo for using two joysticks at once?

I'm working on a project that uses two different joysticks simultaneously. I can read them individually, but only one at a time.

I was wondering if there might be some code out there to show how to read them simultaneously? In other words to fire commands whenever one of the joystick states changes, even while the other joystick is engaged?

If it matters Im just using the joystick axises, not hats or buttons.

Thanks for any help.