[pygame] Practice Game code ?

Waaaaay back in my Vic20/C64 days, I had a magazine called  Compute's Gazzete. The front part had articles written by people who submitted code (program or game) describing it or their process in some way. then  in the back  was the code
10 for i = 1 to 10
20 print "hello"
etc

I learned to code in BASIC that way.

In the same way, where might I find free Python code for games (Space Invadery, PacMan-ish, etc) that I can get the same experience? Not 10,000 lines of code either but you know what I mean.

In fact, what  I would do is give half to my 15-year-old nephew to type and I'd work on the other half, save them together and see if we get a game.

I learned a LOT doing it that way. I'm sure there are resources out there, any suggestions?

thanks...
--
David
Running Linux since 1994