Re: [pygame] announcing Far Blazer 0.7

>   I'm getting close to finishing a Python/Pygame game called Far
> Blazer. It's based on Star Blazer, a game I used to like playing on
> the Apple ][.
>
>   The code owes a lot to Pete Shinners' Solar Wolf, since I borrowed
> SW's basic framework.
>
>   Right now there's no sound, I haven't tested the joystick code
> (since I don't have a joystick), and it could probably use some
> optimization (?) but it's mostly complete. The different levels also
> probably need some playability work.
>
>   It's not nearly as addictive as Solar Wolf, but let me know what you
> think, if you find any bugs, etc.

hey, neat. i've never really thought of solarwolf as a game framework,
but i guess it does provide a lot of functionality :] maybe i'll make
an effort to separate the solarwolf framework a little more, in case
anyone else would like. hmm?

just so you know, the joystick stuff does '''work''', but not quite
right. solarwolf only needs direction input when it first happens,
so it doesn't matter how long you hold the key (or joystick). you
changed the keyboard input to keep moving the ship while the key
is held down, but the joystick doesn't have this. you gotta keep
tapping the gamepad in the direction you want to go. :]

is see your 'levels' text file is much more advanced than what
solarwolf needed. my only complaint is that sometimes the levels
take a long time for anything to start happening (like level3).
this isn't so much a problem on its own, but when you die it
restarts the level, and ugh, it is painful the 2nd and 3rd times.

i'd also expect there to be some basic bad guys on that 1st
level. even if they didn't shoot, it would be helpful.

although my #1 request would be sound, can't wait!