Re: [pygame] announcing Far Blazer 0.7

Pete Shinners wrote:
> you gotta keep
> tapping the gamepad in the direction you want to go. :]

Pete,
  Ah! I have to admit, I didn't even look at the joystick code. :-)

  I will see if what I can do about this. (And see if I can find a
gamepad or joystick somewhere...)

> my only complaint is that sometimes the levels
> take a long time for anything to start happening (like level3).
> this isn't so much a problem on its own, but when you die it
> restarts the level, and ugh, it is painful the 2nd and 3rd times.

  Hmmmm... It isn't actually re-reading the levels file. That only
happens once; the parsing only happens when you start a game, not in
between the levels.
  So- I think what is going on is, I have a simple time delay at the
end of the level... 500ms or so?

  I'll look at this.

> i'd also expect there to be some basic bad guys on that 1st
> level. even if they didn't shoot, it would be helpful.

  Ok- FYI the original Star Blazer didn't have that! :-) There is some
tension between making a re-make and making a playable game. Star
Blazer's first level was quite boring...

> although my #1 request would be sound, can't wait!

  That's coming!

  Thanks for the feedback!

cheers
adam