Re: [pygame] PyRockets update

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, tomten wrote:

> Hi, Pyrockets rocks!
> I love a good gravity game and the gameplay is fantastic.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-)

> One thing that really interest me is the particle stuff, showing that it
> can be done in python :-)
> It would be real nice to have some commented and explained particle
> class in the code repository, or even in pygame.

Yeah. The PyRockets source is quite a mess at the moment. I promise to
clean that up one of these days. ;-)

It's not quite trivial to do a good general purpose particle library. It
should be easy to extend (add new movement and visual styles), (hopefully)
have a high level API and still be fast enough. Hmm. I think I'll play
around a bit and see if I can come up with anything useful.

-- Sami Hangaslammi --