[pygame] Fwd: mixing sound files for engine noise

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Chipperfield Kurt A" <ChipperfieldKurtA@JohnDeere.com>
To: "'pygame-users@seul.org'" <pygame-users@seul.org>
Subject: mixing sound files for engine noise
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:48:44 -0500

Hi.  I am new to the list and have a question about sound.  I would like to
write a driving simulator game with engine sounds that change as the speed
of the engine changes.  This would allow you to hear the engine rev up as
you accelerate.  I think I can just record a few engine noises (idle,
mid-throttle, and full-throttle for example) and then mix them to get
realistic engine noises for all engine speeds.  Does anyone know if this is
possible and how to do it?  Thanks in advance.