Re: [pygame] Fwd: mixing sound files for engine noise

On 21/8/02 4:59 pm, "Pete Shinners" <shredwheat@attbi.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I am new to the list and have a question about sound.  I would like to
> write a driving simulator game with engine sounds that change as the speed
> of the engine changes.  This would allow you to hear the engine rev up as
> you accelerate.  I think I can just record a few engine noises (idle,
> mid-throttle, and full-throttle for example) and then mix them to get
> realistic engine noises for all engine speeds.  Does anyone know if this is
> possible and how to do it?  Thanks in advance.

When I've done this in the past I've sampled a low rev engine and merely
increased the pitch on the sample on the fly as the revs get higher.
Changing gear? Just pop the 'rev' sample back to a low setting and repeat.
Works very well, although I'm not sure if/how you change the pitch in
Pygame.

So I'm not much use... Ignore me. :)

  "Microsoft is like Islam -- it is unwise to criticise either in print."
      - Anonymous XBox Developer, Edge #102, Pg.9