Re: [pygame] SolarWolf 1.2 Released

Pete Shinners wrote on 2003-08-02:

> Another year, another new release for SolarWolf. This is a great great
> game, btw (heh)
>
> SolarWolf has gotten a bit harder and funner in the new release.
> Enemies attack more fiercely, but now there are powerups to help you
> out. Grab bonuses like extra lives, bullet time, shield, and more. The
> graphics have been refined and there is a new contributed input
> configuration screen.

Cool.  But there is a problem with the bonuses: the ones that have
timeout ("Shield", "Bullet time") don't show anywhere how soon will
they end (or did I miss it somewhere?).  I can't effectively use them
to go into the midst of action (and I use Turbo with both to get the
most of them) if I'll almost surely die when it suddenly ends.  The
ought to be some timeout progress bar or something for the bonus, and
it ought to be *very* visible.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben@tx.technion.ac.il>

Put a backslash at the evening to continue hacking onto the next day.