Re: [pygame] SolarWolf 1.2 Released

Beni Cherniavsky wrote:
Cool.  But there is a problem with the bonuses: the ones that have
timeout ("Shield", "Bullet time") don't show anywhere how soon will
they end (or did I miss it somewhere?).  I can't effectively use them
to go into the midst of action (and I use Turbo with both to get the
most of them) if I'll almost surely die when it suddenly ends.  The
ought to be some timeout progress bar or something for the bonus, and
it ought to be *very* visible.
yes, these both need a little work. the 'bullet time' does have a about a second of 'medium speed' before it reverts to normal speed. as for the shield, you get over a full second of 'invincibility' after the visible effect wears off.

visible timers would be a lot better, sound effects are a strong idea too. unfortunately my solarwolf releases seem to come pretty far apart. in the meantime, you can definitely get good at using the timed powerups. although it takes a bit of practice.