[pygame] Transparent Pygame Windows?

hey all--

	Another silly question (c:

	Is there any way to make the background of a Pygame window itself
transparent, or better yet, manipulate the alpha channels for varying
degrees of transparency?

	I would like to be able to "fade in" the pygame window (say a black
rectangle rendered on top of whatever the background is set to) before
producing visual effects inside it.

	I can't find anything in the pygame (or SDL) docs which indicate this
might be possible, and it seems using a set_alpha(0) call on a Surface
which gets blitted as the "background" doesn't have the desired effect.

	In any case, it would be a nice touch if there's a way to do it!

Cheers

Steve Castellotti