Re: [pygame] fastevent example/test not so fast.

On, Tue Aug 02, 2005, Rene Dudfield wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I wrote a new example for pygame.fastevent.  However it seems that
> fastevent is actually slower than the normal event functions.  Only
> tested on windowsXP so far, cause my linux machine isn't in a state to
> compile pygame.

Tested on FreeBSD 5-Stable (P4 2.8 Ghz, 512 MB Ram). Using the fastevent
module, the events per second are pending around 41600. If I disable it
in the example, the events per second are pending around 45600.  So the
fastevent module actually is not fast ;-).

Regards
Marcus