Re: [pygame] fastevent example/test not so fast.

On Aug 1, 2005, at 8:51 PM, Marcus von Appen wrote:

On, Tue Aug 02, 2005, Rene Dudfield wrote:

I wrote a new example for pygame.fastevent. However it seems that
fastevent is actually slower than the normal event functions. Only
tested on windowsXP so far, cause my linux machine isn't in a state to
compile pygame.

Tested on FreeBSD 5-Stable (P4 2.8 Ghz, 512 MB Ram). Using the fastevent
module, the events per second are pending around 41600. If I disable it
in the example, the events per second are pending around 45600. So the
fastevent module actually is not fast ;-).

It should be for multithreaded applications. That's what it's designed for, anyway.

-bob