Re: [pygame] pygame from OS X command line

It should work just fine without any of this. The only factor that I can point to is fink. If you stop using fink, your problems will probably disappear. The normal Python 2.4.1 distribution has no problems at all with pygame CVS on any of the machines I've tried it on.

I can certainly believe this is fink's problem -- but it would be nice if pygame and fink-python would work together :-)

packager_imports() is never executed, and exists purely to generate bytecode that py2exe and py2app will want to see. Changing it is doing them a disservice, and not helping you any. I'm not sure why you felt the need to touch this.

Naivety -- it was the only place i could find pygame.macosx mentioned.

OK, one last question: when _should_ macosx.init() get called? I.E. When does it get called in normal python?

Cheers,

Ben