Re: [pygame] OverflowError on amd64

Hello Stas,

Am Sonntag 21 August 2005 14:26 schrieb stas zytkiewicz:

<snip>

>   scr = pygame.display.set_mode((800,600),SWSURFACE|FULLSCREEN)
> OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum
> Does somebody knows, what causes this and how to avoid it?

I'm not sure, but looks like "SWSURFACE|FULLSCREEN" gives an overflow error.
On my 32-Bit system I tried the following:

>>> import pygame
>>> print pygame.FULLSCREEN
-2147483648
>>> print pygame.SWSURFACE
0
>>> print pygame.SWSURFACE | pygame.FULLSCREEN
-2147483648

can you post us your results ?
It may be a bug in either libsdl, python or gcc.

HTH,
Willi