Re: [pygame] PyOpenGL

On 8/9/06, Kris Schnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm interested in trying OpenGL again with that sample code just posted,
but isn't using PyOpenGL now a problem considering that it seems to
require NumPy rather than Numeric, and that NumPy blatantly withholds
its documentation?

Last time I checked... I was using Numeric for PyOpenGL arrays, and it worked. As for documentation, you can always use internal docstrings if you need to. I've personally only had to look up documentation for Numeric 3 times over the last 12 months. Everything else I get from docstrings, tutorials, the source and other people's code.

Having said that, you will  only need to use arrays in PyOpenGL when
you are doing things like bulk sending of vertices, texture coords,
normals and color data to the video card for use with glDrawArrays and
other, similar functions. You can go a long way in OpenGL without
needing to use any of these facilities.

-Sw.