Re: [pygame] Python 2.5, Pygame 1.8 and their usage in Pyweek 3

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 10:02 +0800, Simon Wittber wrote:
> When Python 2.4 was released, it took a long time for all the packages
> I use to release Win32 binary installers, which really dictates what I
> can use, even though I develop in Linux.

Python 2.4 on Windows switched to a new MSVC compiler platform. This was
the cause of the windows binaries delays. It looks like 2.5 will be
using the same compiler as 2.4, so the builders should be good to go. I
don't have the correct ms mojo to build windows binaries for python.

I think Rene knows more at this point when we are ready for 1.8 to
luanch.