Re: [pygame] Python 2.5, Pygame 1.8 and their usage in Pyweek 3

On 8/12/06, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Three Questions:
1. is pygame 1.8 going to be out by the start of Pyweek 3?
2. assuming Python 2.5 is released before September (they said an August
release)
will there be a pygame 1.8 windows installer for this?
3. Will both of these be available/should they be used for Pyweek 3?

When Python 2.4 was released, it took a long time for all the packages I use to release Win32 binary installers, which really dictates what I can use, even though I develop in Linux.

A common game could include Numeric / Numpy, Pygame, PyOpenGL, py2exe,
glewpy, PIL, pyode etc. Thats a lots of new packages to expect in just
a few weeks :-)

-Sw