Re: [pygame] Pygame-ctypes 0.08

On 19 Aug 2006 at 15:12, Alex Holkner wrote:

> Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
>
> >The following:
> >
> >    event = pygame.event.poll()
> >
> >raises this exception:

> >  File "C:\prg\pygame-ctypes-0.08\pygame\event.py", line 168, in poll
> >    return Event(0, sdl_event=event, keep_userdata=True)
> >  File "C:\prg\pygame-ctypes-0.08\pygame\event.py", line 455, in
> >__init__
> >    if uevent.code == _USEROBJECT_CHECK1 and \
> >AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'value'
> >

> Thanks.  I've fixed this in SVN, but it would be _very_ helpful if next
> time you could provide some more information.  For example, providing
> the complete traceback and a link to your source would be perfect, as it
> allows me to debug the problem myself, rather than guessing the cause.

Yes, after posting the first message I found it was not just the
pygame.event.poll() call that caused the error. Here is a short
program that does. It is the custom event that does it.

import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

screen = pygame.display.set_mode((500, 400))
START = pygame.event.Event(USEREVENT + 1)
pygame.event.post(START)
event = pygame.event.wait()
while event.type != NOEVENT:
    event_type = event.type