Re: [pygame] Pygame's future beyond 1.8

James,

Hmmn -- I think I have it set to allow anonymous access..  However I did type one of the urls wrong:

svn://www.imitationpickles.org/chestival/trunk -- is the correct url, I missed the end ing L of chestivaL.

If it still doesn't work, can you send me the svn error message?

Thanks!
Phil

James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:24:03AM -0700, Phil Hassey wrote:
> Hey,
>
> To sum up my opinion - If I were the king of pygame and python world, this
> is how it would happen:
>
> 1. pygame continues as the lead in pygame, new features etc.
> 2. pygame-ctypes follows step-by-step pygame and makes sure to be 100%
> compatible on its python interface
> 3. pygame-ctypes is made to work on all platforms supported by pygame ATM
> 4. pygame-ctypes should NOT use any c code (no using c, pyrex, swig,
> etc.)
> 5. when pypy makes python fast, and it makes pygame-ctypes as fast (or
> faster) than pygame, we switch to using pypy and pygame-ctypes, and drop
> pygame and python.
>
> Might be wishful thinking on my part in terms of pypy, but here's to
> hoping! At present pypy is 1/4 the speed of python.

I just wanna say, that is a great roadmap. I cast my vote for King Phil
of Pygame World! I was thinking of posting my own rant on the subject,
but Phil has left me with nothing new to add.

(by the way, I was unable to check out any of those subversion url's you
provided in your previous e-mails, since apparently your subversion
sever does not allow anonymous checkout)

---
James Paige