[pygame] ogre + pygame: how do I get them to share a window?

I'm trying to get Ogre (for graphics) and pygame (for input) to play together (glued together with Boost::Python, if it matters). When Ogre isn't using the SDL backend, pygame doesn't get any keyboard/ mouse events.

I've tried two solutions, and had problems with both:

1) Pygame using Ogre's window, with SDL_WINDOWID. Started with pygame.display.set_mode((800, 600)). My window was always black, as if the pygame surface covered up the Ogre stuff. Next, I tried set_mode((1,1)). Then the window shows Ogre's 3D stuff. However, I only get keyboard events, no mouse events.

2) Ogre using pygame's window. I need to pass Ogre a window handle, and on OSX, at least, pygame.display.get_wm_info() returns an empty hash. How do I get the window handle from pygame on OSX?

Any help getting past these problems would be greatly appreciated...

-Mark Ivey-