Re: [pygame] How much python experience needed?

You actually don't need to know a whole lot of python to get started using pygame and making simple games. The first game I made I didn't have any idea about classes and functions and it got me pretty far. I would say you need to know about lists, while loops, for loops and how to use them to loop over lists.

My advice would be to forget about games like Double Dragon for the moment and concentrate on a simple one like Pong. I know this might sound odd but making a complete game, even if its something dead simple will boost your confidence more then starting something hard and then having it take forever to make. Just my experience anyway.