Re: [pygame] ideas for renaming pygame-ctypes

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 08:25:10AM -0700, Peter Shinners wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 22:14 +0930, Tim Ansell wrote:
> > > current pygame-ctypes SDL-wrapping core => Pistol, or PistolCore
> > > higher-level pygame-ctypes stuff (sprites, etc) => PistolGrip
> >
> > How about Pystol (pronounced Pistol) and Pystol.Grip (pygame
> > compatibility lib)
>
> Kind of catchy. I prefer without the "y" at this point, but the "i" will
> be harder to search for. On the other hand, being a lower level library,
> I don't mind a lower level name.

Absolute balderdash! The tradition of naming python libraries after
Monty Python sketches is sacred!

python-cytpes must be renamed pySelfDefenceAgainstFreshFruit and the
pySDL thin wrapper needs to be renamed
pyThompsonComeAtMeWithThatRaspberryComeOnBeAsViciousAsYouLikeWithIt

These are the /only/ sane choices, and anyone who disagrees with me is a
damn communist!

</sillyness type="offtopic" severity="shameful">

---
James Paige