Re: [pygame] transform.chop and image cropping

Brian Fisher wrote:
  With regards to getting the min rect - basically various art
production tools tend to produce output where the meaningful content
(places where non-zero color and/or alpha values) are present is a
subset of the entire image.

This sounds to me like something that ought to be done
once when you're creating the artwork, using some suitable
tool, before the image even gets into your game. I can't
see a reason for doing it at run time.

If it's an image generated dynamically during the game,
however, that might be different, although I can't remember
ever needing something like this.

--
Greg