Re: [pygame] transform.chop and image cropping

On 8/31/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brian Fisher wrote:
> >   With regards to getting the min rect - basically various art
> > production tools tend to produce output where the meaningful content
> > (places where non-zero color and/or alpha values) are present is a
> > subset of the entire image.
>
> This sounds to me like something that ought to be done
> once when you're creating the artwork, using some suitable
> tool, before the image even gets into your game. I can't
> see a reason for doing it at run time.

python/pygame is my suitable tool. The game itself has post-processing
stuff built in the engine. Besides, why should I make my artist run
some external tool chain? it's a waste of time when the game can
handle it. Finally, user created art can be imported run time (and
processed into a tight format for sharing, but still)