Re: [pygame] Another blitting surface to itself crash

The aggressive test_blit_to_self.py runs without problems for the replacement SDL.dll. Remember I was getting a corrupted Python string rather than a Pygame parachute. I wonder if it is the hermes blit library or some piece of inlined MMX code. These would not be included in a VC build. I will build SDL with assembly code turned off and see what happens.

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
OK, so basically I've got an SDL I built myself that I'd like other people who are experiencing this problem to try out.
SDL is zipped up here:
thorbrian.com/SDL_TestBlitToSelf.zip <http://thorbrian.com/SDL_TestBlitToSelf.zip>

basically the idea is to replace the SDL.dll in your pygame subfolder of site-packages with this, and to see if you still get a crash/parachute when blitting a surface to itself. Again, this is on Windows specifically.