Re: [pygame] Another blitting surface to itself crash

OK, so basically I've got an SDL I built myself that I'd like other people who are experiencing this problem to try out.
SDL is zipped up here:
thorbrian.com/SDL_TestBlitToSelf.zip

basically the idea is to replace the SDL.dll in your pygame subfolder of site-packages with this, and to see if you still get a crash/parachute when blitting a surface to itself. Again, this is on Windows specifically.

------

so now the details...

basically, I haven't fixed anything at all. Disabling the parachute turned all the errors into one of those "The runtime has requested to end the program blah blah" useless things, no minidumps :(

so I figured to debug the thing, I'd have to build SDL myself with the toolkit compiler from SDL 1.2.13. But then the SDL I built doesn't seem to do the crash at all... I have no idea why. I built against the DirectX 7a SDK (I think that's what SDL was coded for)

If this turns out to work for others as well, then I figure we can follow up to get a real fix.

oh, and if you want to test but have no blit surface to self app, you can use the test script I posted previously.