Re: [pygame] help PGU Utilities

I'm not familiar with PGU's api in regard to diagramming capabilities, but if I were using pygame for something like this, i'd do something like the following.

It seems like you should be able to write a handler for mouse clicks.  In that handler, you'd check to see if the user clicked on one of your sprites.  if so, you'd probably set it up to be selected and maybe throw up grabbable "handles" around it.  Then, just set up additional logic for dragging a handle (or edge of the sprite if not using handles) to resize the sprite.  you could also change the mouse cursor when over a handle.  similarly, you may want to handle drag events for the sprite itself, not just the edges (so you can move them around).  So, you want to handle MOUSEBUTTONDOWN (to select a sprite or a handle and start a drag operation), MOUSEBUTTONUP (to finish the drag operation), and MOUSEMOTION (to update the screen during the drag operation).

Oddly enough, I've been looking for a diagramming library myself, but since I am using wxPython this time around, I will probably go with something like wxOGL (unless I find something more suited to my needs).

Also, for future reference,  screenshots are more or less useless (as I am familiar with both visio and google image search), but source code is appreciated, since I don't know if the above approach works for you or not, what you've tried so far, etc.

--p