Re: Re: [pygame] PyGameDB coming along well

>> I wonder whether this proposed site could actually be the generic Python Gaming website I've been looking for for so long?

By generic, do you mean any game written in python?  Or any game
written using Pygame?  It sounds like the PygameDB project is aming to
produce a client-side gui app that will let users
fetch+install+lauch+play games written in Pygame (while handling any
dependencies).  This is an AWESOME project, and I'd say it's a great
complement to the pygame.org website.

If on the other hand, by generic, you mean any and all games written
in python... it would be neat (ambitious, but neat) if the pygameDB
project tried to support various games written using other libraries
(such as pyglet, pyopengl, pivy, panda3d, etc)

> Or people could continue using the existing python gaming website and
> database - pygame.org

The pygame.org site is "just" for games written in pygame, right?
It's a great resource, but I can think of a few features that might
make nice additions.  Some sort of ranking (most downloaded, community
favorites, most viewed?  I know there's the comments, and the "worst"
to "best" ranking, but I don't see where these are every used to help
suggest other games....

Anyways, these are also features I'd want to see in a gui game installer.

brad