Re: Re: [pygame] PyGameDB coming along well

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Brad Montgomery
<brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The pygame.org site is "just" for games written in pygame, right?
> It's a great resource, but I can think of a few features that might
> make nice additions.  Some sort of ranking (most downloaded, community
> favorites, most viewed?  I know there's the comments, and the "worst"
> to "best" ranking, but I don't see where these are every used to help
> suggest other games....

hi,

All game/multi-media related things written in python are welcome on
pygame.org - and always have been.

Features like you mentioned are on the todo list for the website(and
have been for a while, but we're slack, and the website seems to do ok
already).

More python game sites the better as far as I'm concerned.  I'm just
trying to correct the misinformation being put out there that
non-pygame games are not welcome on the pygame.org website.  I guess
this should be stated more explicitly on the website.

There's 10,000's of websites and databases out there to promote games.

Another good related project would be a way to submit games to all the
various other websites.  So a library/program to help people submit
their games to the various websites would be cool.  eg freshmeat,
happy penguin, pypi, debian, ubuntu, redhat, PAD file generation, etc,
etc.      If the goal is to help people distribute their games, then a
distribution helper program and guide would be very useful too.

I hope Hypernucleus succeeds as it might make it easier for people to
distribute their python games.

cu,