Re: [pygame] pygame1.9 does not install in ubuntu from easy_install

I found the easy_install magic link.  So, it's working again.

cu,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
btw,

using easy_install with subversion works fine (as fine as easy_install would normally work).
easy_install svn://seul.org/svn/pygame/tags/release_1_9_0release

That is using the 1.9.0release tag which was made for the 1.9.0 release.

Note, that easy_install is not a supported install mechanism - and only works if you've got a good build environment setup for pygame.

There's probably some way I can put a link on pypi like this...
    svn://seul.org/svn/pygame/tags/release_1_9_0release#egg=XXX
 which will make easy_install install from there instead of from the tar.gz.

Anyone know the correct easy_install url to use?

cheers,