Re: [pygame] pygame1.9 does not install in ubuntu from easy_install

On, Sat Aug 01, 2009, Rene Dudfield wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Lorenz Quack <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Same here. It seems "readme.html" was not included in the tarball but is
> > required by "setup.py"
> >

> > Italo Maia wrote:
> >
> >> Reported some error moving readme.html o.o!
> >>

> oh bugger.  For some reason readme.html wasn't in the MANIFEST.in, so the
> file wasn't included.  Well it hasn't been in the MANIFEST.in for a very
> long time...
>
> Might have to do another quick release.  I've started already, but it won't
> be for another few+ days - I'll need to go over it again to make sure any
> other files aren't also missing.  Also I might as well take this opportunity
> to script a few of the release things to save some time in the future -
> incase other speedy releases need to be done.

Will you simply change the package or make a 1.9.1 bugfix release? We
have a ports freeze for FreeBSD in a week, so a broken checksum might
mess up a lot for me :-).
If you are going to release an updated 1.9.0 release package, do you
think, you can make it available before August, the 10th? That'd allow
me to update the FreeBSD port, so it'll go into the 8.0 release.

Regards
Marcus