Re: [pygame] Re: Movie module being merged

Hi Tyler,

Sorry for the bad news but _movie.so fails to build under Debian lenny:building 'pygame._movie' extension gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c src/_gsound.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/src/_gsound.o
In file included from src/_gsound.c:35:
src/_gsound.h:36:34: error: libavformat/avformat.h: No such file or directory
src/_gsound.c: In function ‘seekBuffer’:
src/_gsound.c:403: error: ‘AV_NOPTS_VALUE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
src/_gsound.c:403: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/_gsound.c:403: error: for each function it appears in.)

I am using the Debian ffmpeg dev packages in the build. Unfortunately the dev packages install all the ffmpeg library headers under lib/ffmpeg. There is no lib/libavformat and such. And there is no ffmpeg-config or avformat-config to discover were the headers are. I don't know how best to handle this. I suppose -I/usr/lib/ffmpeg -I/usr/lib/libavformat flags can be added to Setup. Whatever is done all absolute includes like:

#include <libavformat/avformat.h>

need to be replace with locale includes:

#include <avformat.h>

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
What I forgot to say is, let me know, I will be beginning a merge at 2 pm.

-Tyler