Re: [pygame] Picking monitor...

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Gene Buckle <geneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, James Paige wrote:

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:13:56PM -0700, Gene Buckle wrote:

Is it possible to choose which display pygame uses for "full screen" mode?
If so, how is it done?

thanks!
g.

SDL version 1.3 adds commands like SDL_GetNumVideoDisplays() and
SDL_SelectVideoDisplay()

SDL 1.3 is actually a testing version, and when it matures to a public
release, it will be renamed SDL 2.0. After that point, maybe pygame will
migrate to it (and correct me if I am wrong, but I think somebody is
already working on this, right?)

Thanks James.  Not exactly the news I was hoping for. :(  I'm working on a glass cockpit display called RJGlass that's written in Python and uses both pygame and PyOpenGL.  I'm going to use it in a cockpit project I'm working on, but I need to make it run on a 7" LCD panel I've got connected to a USB VGA adapter.

Is there a bleeding-edge version of pygame that is available and uses the SDL 1.3 libraries?  I don't know if it matters, but I'm using Windows for this.

Thanks again for you reply.

g.

--

If you don't find anything usinng SDL 1.3, you can have a look at pyglet:
http://code.google.com/p/pyglet/

it handles multiple monitors.

--
claxo