Re: [pygame] Keeping a sprite on screen with rect.clamp

Hi,

Only x, y, width and height are stored. Everything else is calculated when used.

Lenard Lindstrom

On 15/08/10 01:41 AM, Mark Reed wrote:
In my pygame code I am using rect.clamp to keep sprites within a
screen or gameboard, where I clamp and if the center was moved I
recalculate the sprite's movement like so:

             ctr = self.rect.center
             self.rect = self.rect.clamp(self.clamp_rect)
             if self.rect.center != ctr:

I'm now using OpenGL with wxPython and my own sprite class. Would it
make sense to keep a pygame rect for my sprites and use this clamp
function?  I assumed the clamp being in C is better than me doing it
in python... Using the rect wouldn't slow things down vs just keeping
x,y in my own sprite class would it? I would only use rect.center and
I assume rect.x y top bottom etc are only calculated if they are used
right?

Mark