Re: [pygame] frame independant movement

On 2010.8.27 10:36 AM, B W wrote:
Howdy,

Reviving this old thread. The comments by Patrick and Brian really
intrigued me, so I pursued the topic. Found a few interesting articles
and one great article. My study has resulted in a recipe for those of us
continually nagged by the question, "how can I get constant game speed
independent of frame rate?". The demo requires Pygame, but the clock
module only requires Python.

Isn't it simply a matter of creating a Pygame Clock object and calling clock.tick() to delay until the appropriate time to maintain some max framerate?