Re: [pygame] Spam on Tutorials page

On 2010.8.5 2:29 PM, James Paige wrote:
I think I have mentioned this before, but I will bring it up again.

If you auto-block posts that contain a url, you block 99.?% of spam.

This doesn't interfere too badly with normal comments. Only a minor
inconveneince for legit users, really. Even anonymous legit users!

There could be a whitelist of users who are allowed to post urls, or you
could send comments that contain urls to a queue for moderation fi you
want to get fancy.

The project pages have some form you can fill in to include a URL, right? Seems like a way to let people post those (if they're registered users) while banning them from the body of a post. Using a form field as the only way to include a URL might make life harder for people trying to increase our Python size. I've seen spammers disguise a URL to be something like "I got great dealz from s p a m d ot r u", so no system's going to be perfect.