Re: [pygame] Spam on Tutorials page

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:59:54AM -0430, Ciro Duran wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I've taken the task since some days ago to clean link spam from the
>    tutorials page in pygame.org. Sadly, this is a losing battle, it's only a
>    few hours before some guys adds the same links as always. And some of them
>    don't even bother to edit the site, but rather revert to their spammy
>    version. Is there any way to semi-protect this page and have someone
>    curate this page?
>    Ciro.

I think I have mentioned this before, but I will bring it up again.

If you auto-block posts that contain a url, you block 99.?% of spam.

This doesn't interfere too badly with normal comments. Only a minor
inconveneince for legit users, really. Even anonymous legit users!

There could be a whitelist of users who are allowed to post urls, or you
could send comments that contain urls to a queue for moderation fi you
want to get fancy.

---
James Paige