Re: transition plan was Re: [pygame] contemplating move to bitbucket(and hg). what do you think?

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Renà Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've started on a migration plan for bitbucket. If anyone has any feedback, please let me know :)

About issues:Â

A problem I have seen in other migrations was :

issues text refers to some svn version, say r1054

Before migration with 'r1054' you know how to navigate the repo html view to the relevant check-in info,

After migration to hg, the repo html view uses hashes to identify that particular commit / state, say '252e9c8091cc' , so you don't know where to look.

So, i don't know how this have been better handled in other migrations, but perhaps the migration could generate a table 'svn revision' -> 'hash hg repo default' Âand put that in a page.
That page can later be embellished with search and what not, but you must have the info to begin with.

--
claudio