From: "Brooks, Lewis" <BrooksL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'pygame-users@xxxxxxxx'" <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:54 PM
Subject: [pygame] pygame on Citrix?

I was asked to install pygame 1.9.1 (along with python 2.5.4 and wing ide 3.2) on our school's citrix servers.  The programs are installed and running, but when a program is run we get the following command and error:

self.screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size)
pygame.error: No available video device

I know nothing about this software and the teacher who uses it is away until the start of school, but he tells me the program works fine on his laptop.  Can you point me to anything that will help solve this?  Or is pygame just incompatible with Citrix?  We've encountered that several times, but I can't find any documentation to that affect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lewis Brooks
Network Tech Support