Re: [pygame] very slow pygame.init() under Snow Leopard

Yes, thanks, this did help on one little program so far. If I knew which package(s) were really slow at loading then it'd be great if there were a python command  like  "from pygame import all but xxx"  ;-)

From: Jack Anderson <corporalmustard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:30:35 -0700
To: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] very slow pygame.init() under Snow Leopard

Init() from my understanding is just a shortcut to call all of the initialization functions on the main pygame packages, it is likely a specific pygame package which is causing the slowdown, try calling the init() functions on only the packages you need, i.e. display, mixer, etc.  And see if that helps.  At the very least, we'll have a better idea of which packages are causing slowdown.