Re: [pygame] very slow pygame.init() under Snow Leopard

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The "pygame.init('display', ...) is redundant. The exclude list would be useful for omitting an unused, costly, module. But in general I agree that calling init() only on those modules that are used is good programming practice. The Pygame examples should even be updated to reflect this. Using pygame.init() is much like "from pygame import *".

Lenard

Updating the examples is a good idea.  There is something nice about just calling pygame.init() and being good to go however.

I'll also look at the documentation for pygame.init() to make sure it displays all of the modules.

cheers,