Re: [pygame] SDL 2.0

Ctypes may be the way to go on PyPy, but it is slow in CPython. It lacks new buffer support. Well, ctype types have buffers, but they don't work with NumPy. Array support is convoluted and slow (see _numpysurfarray.py in Pygame 1.8.0). And Python is unsuited for writing the custom blitters added to Pygame. But I agree that more of Pygame should be implemented in Python.

Lenard