Re: [pygame] Sound not playing at startup

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Arthur Sugden <arthur.sugden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy,

I'm using pygame.mixer on an embedded project (a Beaglebone Black which is similar to a Raspberry Pi). My program works perfectly when run from the command line, even from / (i.e. I've correctly put in the links to sound files), but when I add the program to rc.local, no sound comes out when I start up the board. Can someone help? Do I have to run it as sudo from some user space startup file? If so, can you tell me which?

Thanks much,
Arthur

I am just taking a wild guess here, but I suspect that ALSA will not yet have finished initting when rc.local is run.

When I did an embedded project, I started my program using rungetty from /etc/inittab instead of using rc.local

Install rungetty, and then edit your /etc/inittab so that rungetty will log in a user automatically on one of the virtual consoles, for example, log the "embedded" user in to tty2:

2:2345:respawn:/sbin/rungetty --autologin embedded tty2

Then you can edit /home/embedded/.profile to run your program.

---
James Paige